I decided to try my hand at a social media game–the kind which places you in a hypothetical situation and asks you to fill in the first nine friends on your friends’ list, assigning them to certain roles. I thought carefully, and decided to play upon my strengths. Hence, Hemingway. Here’s the game; and it’s Hemingway, so be advised of mildly adult language:
You and 9 friends find yourself in a Hemingway novel. Fill in the blanks with the first 9 people on your friends’ list.
- Spends three weeks silently fly-fishing in a rural stream:
- Claims to be a “lousy Catholic,” but can’t stop going to church to pray:
- Uses another person’s execution as a diversion to escape a firing squad:
- Spends 6 drunken months in the hospital recovering from a leg wound:
- Smuggles booze into the hospital for the above patient:
- Constantly picks fights with smaller opponents:
- Arms a fishing boat and cruises the coast of Cuba, looking for German subs:
- Discovers the meaning of life 20 seconds before being killed:
- Thinks that “not being a bitch” is “sort of like what we have for God”:
Thanks for reading, and enjoy!